Friday, September 02, 2005

Why we need the Lurkers

Here is an e-mail I received recently:
"So now we're going to blame this unfortunate natural disaster on the President? Give me a freakin break! Way to go Reverend X! Instead of pointing your finger and using it to type out idiotic farces on your interpretation of past political decisions why don't you lift that mighty finger of yours and lend a hand to our brothers in need in La, Miss, and Ala. You really think the President has weakened National security and that's why the Gulf region was hit by this Hurricane? President Bush in his tenure. Is responsible for global warming? Oh yeah, and let's not forget that if 35% more of our Louisisana National Guard was still here that everybody would have been saved by now! I've seen my dog out in the yard use more thought to create a turd than this dumb ass used on these couple shitty paragraphs. How about let's not send this out to anybody and focus our energies on the problem at hand rather than try to turn it into another reason to bash the President. Holy crap.......Unbelievable! "

The writer's anger is perfectly justified. He also has done me the service of working as my editor. I do not spend much of my time writing anymore since I realized that 5 minutes of flash can do more than a million novels no one is going to read anyways. That being so, sometimes I leave out important details. Thank you, all, for reminding me.
Here are the points I should clarify:
1) I don't blame Bush for the hurricane. Much the same way that I would not hold a skydiving instructor who removed a students parachute just prior to yelling jump. Accountable for gravity. The gravity is merely the unwitting and uneffectable assistant in the murder. It is the conscious removal of the necessary safeguards that I blame the Bush Admin's Core policies for. The premeditated, obsequious push is the crime, not the proximity to mass.
2) Even though Al mixed his modifiers again, I think it is important to answer the National Security question. Yes, Bush has overextended our defense force, resources, and response capabilities to the point of vulnerability. You want more proof? Watch TV some more, they run the evidence backing my claim every 15 minutes. I won't jump to conclusions and say that the difference in response time from 9-11 and now is Bush's fault because of the Iraq War. I see the distinct possibility that the quasi-prescient reaction time of FEMA, the FBI and the rest of the Fed Gov on 9-11, had more to do with their knowledge of the plan and involvement in it's implementation. Much like a hacker writing antivirus code. Make the fix, cause the problem.
3) Bush, in his tenure on the throne, took an environment teetering on the edge of disaster and drove a humvee into while drinking Mad Dog 20/20. Cause Global Warming? No. Give it the oomf felt round the world? Yes.
4) 35% of total National guardsman. 95% of Combat/ Security/ Rifle guardsman.
5) "turd, ass, shitty, crap, energy, hand, turn." Fixated on something there Al?
Possibly your dog's something? You perv!"

No comments: