Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Smoking Media?

Here is a copy of the letter I sent out to news agencies around the country. I wanted to keep a copy around and read it some time when I am not so tiredl. well, here it is


Good sir,
I am an avid information consumer and therefore I am an occasional reader of your newspaper. I was wondering if you could help me out. I am curious as to what makes a story "News Worthy" here in the States? I first learned of the "Downing Street Memo" close to 6 weeks ago, but until recently your publication made no mention of it. I did, however, find articles about every miniscule detail of urban decay and the inherent evils of thinking to excess. The latter I agree with completely, for you see it is my thinking problem alone that has me writing this letter to you this morning. I'll admit it.. I have been thinking all night. In fact, I have been binge thinking for weeks now. I know what that makes me... I know I am a wing nut. Yes a thinking stincking wing nut!! How did I let it come to this. Thank you for pointing it out to me. Would it be too much for me to ask that you act as my sponsor? I have found it helps to be around strong people such as yourself . People who somehow found the coutrage to quit thinking cold turkey. One day at a time sweet Jesus. Well, I better go try and sleep this off. I only pray that I won't be cursed with fresh thought in the morning. Oh yeah, I know this is probably just the thought talking here, but: Would it be possible for you to forward this message to others in your organization? I am extremely interested in the criteria used to assign newsworthiness to certain stories and not to others. For now I'll just assume assume that the lack of coverage was due to unavailability of Internet access at your office and not due to the rumored "death of fourth estate" which I seem to read about more and more each day.
And if it's not too much, perhaps when the next "proof positive evidence of Executive Branch Treason" surfaces, email me and I will personally buy the addspace necessary to at least point the public in the direction of a Portal website to actual media. If there is no space for my add, please introduce the hair removal and hair regrowth people to eachother and I will take that spot.

Reverend X

PS My indignation is directed at whichever fount of Criminal Culpability is in charge of Propaganda and Censure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you still trying to sell that dsm impeachment crap there rev? give it up dude, you got nothing but the third hand opinion of a guy who turned out to be completely wrong in his assesment of future US actions. I hear that tin-foil helps to quiet the voices. Peace.