Thursday, August 14, 2008

Georgia, Georgia, No, No, No Peace I'll Find...

You may have noticed that I do not update the Post Apocalyptic very often anymore. Sure, some of that is laziness, but most of it is that I have covered most of the subjects I needed to cover and I do not wish to just rant repeatedly like a crazy person. Although I do seem to do that more than one would if one really did not want to. But enough about that. Today I was awoken with inspiration to write. Sounds all nice and positive , doesn’t it? Hell no. This morning I was awoken by Condoleeza Rice’s Skeletor-if-he-could-only-be-that-evil grin and what it was saying was even worse,

For her part, Rice said: "This is not 1968 and the invasion of Czechoslovakia where Russia
can threaten a neighbor, occupy a capital, overthrow a government and get away with
it. Things have changed."

Yeah, doesn’t Russia know you need to either be a Corporation or be a Coalition of Corporations (COC for short) in order to enjoy limited liability for any actions which kill lots of consumers. Someone should enroll Putin in one of Blackwater USA.. err, I mean, Blackwater Worlwide’s weekend classes like,

“Immunity and Guns- Your New Best Friends.

Or

Ah fuck it.. If you don’t get the point from that one, you are an idiot and I will never be able to change that.... Let me get to the point.

Seems that all of the media entities, yes all 3 who decide everything you see and completely control the press in this country, have decided to paint Georgia as a sad and broken victim of the Big Bad, soon to be Bolshevik again, Mother Russia. Well, if I couldn’t remember anything more than a week old, I’d totally buy what they are trying to sell, but as is... You gotta be fuckin kidding me.

Brief History Lesson-

November 2007- The Democratic and Goody Goody Government of Georgia layeth the smacketh down on a peaceful protest, seize all not state media and basically lock down the country. Here’s the Human Rights Watch report on that.
Of course, that is just one event and you don’t see me calling for justice when that happens near me, do you?
Oh yeah, you do. So what else has Georgia done?

Well, they shelled and invaded South Ossettia. Then occupied it until Russia mobilized a massive army top liberate their ally, South Ossettia. Then the Georgian Military stuck around long enough for Russia to use that massive army. After which, the Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili stated that he never wanted to face the full potential of the, soon to be red again, army of Russia. Well, that’s great. You maybe, kinda, shoulda gotten the fuck out of their way.

Now don’t get me wrong. I have no opinion on this issue either way. I just have issue with the controlled and purposeful manipulation of our media as it is used in blatant fashion to control the minds and hearts of my fellow citizens. Why would our Government and media collude to do such a thing you ask? Well here’s one reason. I’ll let you know when I find some more. And I will find more crap like this... You know I will.

No comments: