Friday, April 25, 2008

Don't Call It a Comeback...

Well, on second thought, this is a comeback. Call it what you will. With the one year anniversary of my retirement just days away, I've decided that the world is not a better place without me writing about it. So without further ado about nothing...

Howdy all! How was your year? Mine was Hell, but I have been reforged in it's fires and I am back in the saddle again. Since this is a new start, I thought I might begin with a new beginning. Have I ever explained my "Basic Rules of Reality"? No? Well then, let's start with Rule Number One.

Rule of Reality #1- If Nothing Changes, Nothing Changes.
Seriously, nothing at all. Let's take a look at how this works (Or doesn't work. However you wanna look at it...).

One year ago- The Democrats were tearing each other apart in a unified effort to improve the GOP's outer appearance of Sanity and Civility. The Left leapt like loser lunatics while the Right reacted radiantly and responsible in the Quest for Nomination.

Now- Hillary and Obama are reenacting the agonizing finale of Rocky II on network television every night while McCain lays down a solid platform of "Strength, Courage, and Honor" bullshit to cover the bloody quagmire that is Republican Foreign Policy.

One Year Ago- Exxon/Mobile was reporting unbelievable record profits while claiming to be completely at a loss to explain the unbelievable record price for gas at the pump.

Now- With even greater profits at there disposal, they are still unable to explain the even higher prices at the pump.

One Year Ago- The Military was deploying a surge of troops in Iraq which would finally give us victory over the terrorist threat there.

Now- We are sending even more troops in order to finally allow victory for the Supreme Islamic Council over whomever might be left alive long enough to be accused of being a terrorist.

One Year Ago- Congress was appalled at the White House's refusal to recognize the inalienable Right of Habeas Corpus. This Unconstitutional Executive Decision removed the US from the list of Free Countries and ended over two centuries of Freedom. Congress swore to reestablish the US as free with all possible haste.

Now- I don't know... Do they still look appalled? I think I've made my point, but in case I haven't...

Does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave, in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave?

The correct answer is... No!

No comments: